DoveLewis is the only hospital in the area to have board-certified surgeons on call 24/7.
Board-Certified Surgeons Are The Best Choice
Board-certified Surgeons Have More Training and Resources to Help Your pet
A board-certified veterinary specialist is a veterinarian who has completed additional training in a specific area of veterinary medicine and has passed an examination that evaluates their knowledge and skills in that specialty area.
While most veterinarians are allowed to perform surgery, a board-certified veterinary surgeon has undergone additional training after veterinary school in order to become a specialist, including a 1-year internship and a 3-year residency program, plus they can offer state-of-the-art options and help you determine the best treatment for your animal.
Choose a board-certified surgeon for expertise, specialized training, and enhanced care.
According to the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, " animals should be treated by veterinary specialists when advanced care is warranted." Additional reasons to choose a DoveLewis board-certified veterinary surgeon include:
- Extensive training and experience in veterinary surgery
- Access to specialty equipment
- Access to other veterinary specialists, such as Critical Care, Cardiology, Neurology, Internal Medicine, and Radiology.
- Technicians who understand the needs of animals undergoing surgery
- Postoperative monitoring of your pet
Our common surgical procedures:
- Abdominal, thoracic and musculoskeletal emergency surgery
- Subcutaneous ureteral bypass
- Elective orthopedic procedures (TPLO, MPL, etc.)
- Oncologic surgery
- Complex would management and reconstruction
- Vacuum Assisted Closure (VAC)
- Gastrointestinal and respiratory foreign body retrieval and biopsy
- Tracheal and urethral stenting
- Cystoscopy and urethroscopy
- Upper airway surgery
How Get Your Pet Exceptional Surgical Care
Emergencies can happen when you least expect them. Our ER, ICU, and Surgery teams work together to help your pet feel comfortable through treatment and recovery.
Not every surgery is emergent, but they're all important! You can schedule an initial consultation with a DoveLewis board-certified surgeon to meet the team and create a plan for your pet's surgery and recovery.
Local veterinarians refer to DoveLewis regularly. For an emergency referral, your local veterinarian should call DoveLewis. For non-emergent surgeries, book a consult online and we'll coordinate records and communication with your veterinarian.
About Our Board-Certified Team
Meet our highly trained surgical team who work hand-in-hand with our radiologist, cardiologist, criticalists, internist and ECC veterinarians for the best possible treatment and recovery plan.