Since 2006, Coby Richter has been part of our surgery team. She performs emergency procedures as well as trains interns and externs in surgical principles and techniques. She works closely with other specialists at DoveLewis to provide the best possible care for challenging cases.
When exploring career options as an undergraduate student, Dr. Richter was attracted by the commitment to lifelong learning at the core of the veterinary profession. Boredom cannot exist in a job that offers so much professional and personal growth.
While our hospital sees many "typical" emergencies, she says every case is different and challenging in its own way. Working with educational visitors and new hires from every department keeps her energized and constantly learning.
- Thoracic and abdominal emergencies
- Emergency endoscopic procedures
- Orthopedic trauma
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine - University of California, Davis, 1996
- Surgical internship - Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, 1996-97
- Surgical Residency, 1997-2000 - Washington State University with combined Master's of Veterinary Medicine degree, 2001
- Three English Setters: Pax, Cowboy, and Figgin