Costs & Financial Aid
Every patient is different, but we do everything we can to give you a clear estimate once we’ve examined your pet. See what to expect.
How much will the visit cost?
Every visit is different, because every patient is different. Advanced emergency and critical care can be expensive – just like going to a human emergency room or ICU. When a patient comes to DoveLewis, they are charged an emergency fee that covers the doctor’s initial exam and consultation. After the initial exam, you'll receive an estimate for any additional services needed to treat your pet such as diagnostics or treatments. No treatment is performed on your pet without your prior approval.
We can't give estimates over the phone.
Emergencies are serious and recommending a treatment plan is a sensitive process that starts with an in-person exam. We don’t give medical diagnoses, advice or estimates over the phone or through email because we must see and touch our patients to them the best care possible.
How can I qualify for financial aid?
Financial aid options are available so we can help treat animals from low-income families and stray, wild and abused animals. Our financial and medical aid programs are designed to give animals the best chance at a healthy future, so there are requirements to qualify to receive the funds.
1. Your pet must medically qualify.
- Cases must be emergencies.
- A DoveLewis veterinarian must examine the patient and confirm without diagnostic testing that the animal has a good prognosis without fatal injuries or unrecoverable symptoms. Common examples of conditions that are covered by the the Velvet Assistance Fund are:
- Eye ulcers
2. You must financially qualify.
- You must state a financial need.
- You must apply for Care Credit first, a financing company aimed at people who don’t have a credit card available to them. If you are approved, the full limit must be used before additional financial aid is applied.
- If your Care Credit limit is exhausted or your are declined Care Credit coverage, up to $750 from the Velvet Assistance Fund will be applied to your pet's balance.
- You can qualify once per year.