Andrea Sundholm, a board-certified surgeon who joined the DoveLewis staff in 2017, says she most enjoys the "instant gratification" of surgery. She finds fulfillment in the entire treatment process - operating on animals, helping patients recover, and watching their owners take them home.
Dr. Sundholm has contributed to multiple research publications, including the research of dogs who recovered after undergoing TPLO (tibial-plateau-leveling osteotomy) surgery and penetration of low level laser light through equine skin and flexor tendons.
Part of the bigger picture
"Being an Oregonian, DoveLewis was a hospital that I knew about growing up. Now, as a veterinarian, I know the quality of medicine here and compassion for animals and their owners is excellent. Also, they do so much for the community and provide excellent educational resources. I really wanted to be part of a hospital with this type of dedication to animals and the community."
Professional interests include:
- Portosystemic shunts
- Vacuum-assisted wound therapy
- TPLO (Tibial-plateau-leveling osteotomy)
- TECA (Total ear canal ablation)
- PDA (Patent ductus arteriosus)
- PRAA (Persistent right aortic arch)
- Washington State University - Master of Science in Veterinary Sciences and Small Animal Residency
- WestVet Animal Emergency and Specialty Center (Garden City, ID) - Small Animal Surgical Internship
- Oregon State University - Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
- One border collie - Lacey
- Two cats - Oscar and Toby