Surgery as a specialty means our team is expertly trained to address emergency and referral procedures.
Our common surgical procedures:
- Abdominal, thoracic and musculoskeletal emergency surgery
- Subcutaneous ureteral bypass
- Elective orthopedic procedures (TPLO, MPL, etc.)
- Oncologic surgery
- Complex would management and reconstruction
- Vacuum Assisted Closure (VAC)
- Gastrointestinal and respiratory foreign body retrieval and biopsy
- Tracheal and urethral stenting
- Cystoscopy and urethroscopy
- Upper airway surgery
If you have questions about a potential surgical referral, please call us.
What should your clients expect?
Our team is made up of animal lovers who are naturally kind and affectionate towards their patients, making the animals and the families that love them comfortable. Beyond TLC, what is a typical surgical visit like for your patients and their families?
Recovery takes time.
Surgical patients stay in our ICU for a monitored recovery. Our team will help their owners understand the post-op recovery requirements and will arm them with discharge instructions.
Visitors are welcome.
We know that pets are part of the family, and it can be stressful for everyone to be separated. Our patients' families are welcome to visit, but we appreciate them calling prior to arrival so we can schedule the best 30-minute visit possible.