Surgery as a specialty means our team is expertly trained to address emergency and referral procedures, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
With a 24/7 emergency room and 18,000 patients a year, surgery is an inevitable part of the job. Luckily for our community, we have 3 surgical specialists and 24/7 coverage.
Short-Term Adjustments to Surgical Procedures
Effective June 20 and lasting for approximately 8 weeks, our surgical suites will be temporarily unavailable for most implant surgeries and some procedures requiring fluoroscopy or rigid endoscopy. Below is a guide to the available surgical procedures.
We Can Do:
- Abdominal exploration (intestinal foreign bodies and displacements, hemoabdomens, neoplasia, septic abdomen, urinary tract, hepatobiliary etc.)
- Thoracic explores (pyothorax, lung lobectomies, etc.)
- Laryngeal paralysis
- Upper airway surgery (brachycephalic etc.)
- Dermal/body wall mass removals
- Flexible endoscopy
- Fractures or joint stabilization requiring implants (plates, screws, wires)
- Tracheal stenting/urethral stenting
- SUB placement/ureteral stenting
- Fluorscopic evaluation of airways, urinary tracts, GI tract etc.
- Neurological (back) surgery
- Thoracoscopy or laparoscopy
We will continue to stabilize and treat emergent patients until they can be transferred to a surgical clinic.
If you have questions about a potential surgical referral, please call us! We can discuss your patient and consider all options, including alternative surgical referral options.
Thank you for your understanding of this temporary change. We are looking forward to re-opening our full surgical service to you and your patients again in August.