Dr. Marshall always had a strong connection to animals, and was known by her family as the band-aid queen as a child. She rode horses for 12 years, fostering the bond to animals and providing the opportunity to work closely with the veterinarians who treated the horses at her stable. She knew she would always love horses but her passion was steered towards Critical Care and Emergency Medicine after she began her work in the small animal veterinary profession as a technician in 2004. This only grew through her training years in Colorado and Boston. She finds the greatest motivation and connection in helping those animals that are critically ill and fostering the growth of new doctors as the Dove Lewis Intern Director.
A focus on community and specialties.
The opportunity to work with a hospital that provides so much to the community was a strong pull to Dove Lewis for Dr. Marshall. She also loves the opportunity to work alongside many specialists as well as strong ER doctors to provide care for a wide population of animals in the Portland region and beyond.
- Sepsis and SIRS
- Transfusion Medicine
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Intern Training
- Acute Kidney Injury and Extracorporeal Renal Replacement Therapy
- Angell Animal Medical Center (Boston, MA) – Emergency & Critical Care Residency
- Angell Animal Medical Center (Boston, MA) – Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Internship
- Colorado State University – Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
- Colorado State University – Master’s of Science Toxicology
- University of Arizona – Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Science
- Astro – Terrier Mix
- Daisy – Domestic Shorthair