Giving a voice to those who can't speak for themselves.
Dr. Reminga strongly believes that pets deserve an educated voice in order to help their loved ones understand how to best alleviate suffering from diseases, injuries, or poor quality of life. She loves interacting with all animals because they are honest, adaptable, and resilient. A pet can graciously come back from a serious injury or disease process and continue to remain optimistic and present in the moment. She feels lucky to have the opportunity to spend time handling so many sweet pets and constantly seeing the strong human-animal bond.
A passion for teams and the promise of excellence.
Dr. Reminga loves working at DoveLewis for its commitment to growth and a team-oriented atmosphere in order to focus on the promise of excellent patient and client care. She feels fortunate to be a part of a non-for-profit organization that focuses on giving back to the Portland community while also exceling advanced care of small companion animals, wildlife rescue, stray rehabilitation, and exotic animal recovery. She is proud to contribute to atdove.org, DoveLewis’ international education program that allows Emergency and Critical Care medicine to translate to veterinarians all over the globe, and is excited to support DoveLewis’ life-saving blood bank/transfusion medicine department, Hemodialysis specialty service, and mechanical ventilation services, for the recovery of critically ill dogs and cats.
- The utilization of central multi-lumen catheters to facilitate advanced intravenous treatment and diagnostic capabilities, while minimizing patient discomfort.
- Mechanical ventilation
- Bedside ultrasound applications in the ICU and ER for dynamic monitoring
- Mentoring and managing ER and ICU veterinarians in order to help animals on a 24-7 basis
- University of Pennsylvania Veterinary Teaching Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) – Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Residency
- Animal Medical Center (New York, NY) – Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship
- University of Wisconsin, Madison School of Veterinary Medicine (Madison, WI) – Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine
- Winona State University (Winona, MN) – Bachelor of Science, Cell and Molecular Biology. Minor in Biochemistry.
- Sconnie (short for “Wisconsin”) – Mastiff Pit Bull mix
Hobbies Outside of Work
- The outdoors! Especially hiking, biking, camping, rafting, and kayaking.
- Painting and drawing, with a particular interest in oil and acrylic painting techniques
- Horseback riding
- Downhill skiing
- Figure (ice) skating
- Playing the violin
- Practicing yoga, meditation, and mindfulness