Our board-certified cardiologist, Caryn Reynolds, joined the DoveLewis staff in 2017 to provide diagnosis and treatment for pets with diseases or abnormalities of the heart. Previously, she was a professor at Louisiana State University and a medical director at a New Mexico animal hospital, where she developed a new cardiology program.
Dr. Reynolds' favorite thing about being a cardiologist is that she is able to follow up with her patients and owners over time, so she really gets to know the animals and their families. She especially enjoys maximizing the quality of life for a patient with a serious heart illness.
A focus on collaborative care
"I joined the team at DoveLewis because I wanted to be at a big hospital and work with the best of the best – lots of other veterinarians, technicians and staff who can all collaborate on patient care. I also really enjoy treating cases of acute heart failure and acute arrhythmia that come in through the ER. So, I was looking for a hospital that would allow me to collaborate with ER and critical care veterinarians."
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine - Board Certification in Cardiology
- Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) - Cardiology Residency, Cardiology Research Internship and Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery
- Colorado State University - Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine and Certificate in Medical Acupuncture for Veterinarians
- University of New Mexico - Bachelor of Science in Biology
- One mixed-breed dog - Hazel
- Two cats - Goodman and Cora