While patients usually let us know how they're feeling when they're well, you know it’s not as easy to see what’s happening on the inside. Our internal medicine team can help unlock your patient's best life.
What are common reasons patients see us?
- Gastrointestinal disorders, including chronic vomiting and diarrhea
- Kidney diseases and kidney failure
- Liver diseases
- Urinary tract diseases
- Hormone-related diseases, such as diabetes mellitus and Cushing’s disease
- Immune system disorders
- Respiratory tract diseases, such as asthma and chronic nasal issues
- Complicated infections
What internal medicine procedures do we regularly perform?
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy (scoping the gastrointestinal tract)
- Bronchoscopy and bronchoalveolar lavage (scoping and sampling of the trachea and bronchi)
- Rhinoscopy with nasal CT (scoping the nose)
- Cystoscopy (scoping the urethra and inside the bladder)
- Esophagostomy tube placement (a feeding tube for patients who won’t eat)
- Bone marrow aspirates and core biopsies
- Arthrocentesis (joint taps)
- Fecal transplants
- Post-surgical management of SUB (Subcutaneous Ureteral Bypass) systems
- Blood glucose curves (for management of diabetics)
We work closely with our radiology department to coordinate ultrasounds and ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirates and biopsies.
Do patients need a referral?
Patients do not need a referral to schedule a consultation with Dr. Davis, but they’re helpful to manage seamless care.
About Our Board-Certified Team
Meet the doctor who makes a difference to thousands of animals every year.