Navigating Our Relationships With Clients
Taking the time to understand your relationships with clients. Whether they are a long-term client or a new client in crisis, these meetings explore how to better understand provider-client communications and our experiences with each other. Using the Balint method, we are given a forum to reflect on the provider-client-patient relationship and gain new perceptions of our relationship with clients during difficult or demanding situations.
All veterinary professionals with a client relationship are welcome.
What does a provider-client-patient relationship look like?
- A general practitioner caring for their long-term client and patient
- A specialist consulting with a client about their pet
- A client service representative that interacts with a client regularly regarding their pet's care
- An emergency technician that communicates with a client regarding their pet in crisis
- A shelter technician handling a surrender from a client
February 9 | 7:00-8:00pm PT | Online
For new and interested participants, learn more about the Balint Method by watching this video:
Led by DoveLewis’ Chief Medical Officer Shana O’Marra, DVM, DACVECC, and Jillian Romm, RN, LCSW, Credentialed Balint Leader