For nights when your clinic is closed or your patient load needs relief, we’re here. Overnight monitoring lets our team keep a watchful eye on your patients, so you and your clients can be confident in the patient's overnight status.
How Does Overnight Monitoring Work?
We give your patients the same level of care that all of our patients get when they come through our doors. When they arrive for their 12-hour stay, they’ll find:
- Fluids and additives as started by the referring DVM
- Medication administration at the same doses and routes of administration as prescribed by referring DVM
- Two panels of blood work (includes electrolytes, glucose, ionized calcium and ionized magnesium, lactate, BUN, creatinine and PCV/TS)
- Replacement IV catheter if it becomes necessary
At the end of their stay, patients will be transferred back to your clinic to continue recovering and working with your team.
$350 per 12-hour session
Medications dispensed by DoveLewis for home use are an additional fee and are not included in the price of the overnight monitoring package. Prices are subject to change. Please call for current pricing information.
- Patient must be stable with no major electrolyte or blood glucose derangements
- Minimal blood work (including electrolytes as a bare minimum) checked by referring DVM within 8–12 hours of presentation
- IV catheter placement and treatments should be initiated at the referring clinic prior to transfer
- Patient requires additional blood work outside of electrolytes, glucose, ionized calcium and ionized magnesium, lactate, BUN, creatinine and PCV/TS
- Patient requires additional diagnostics such as ECG, radiographs or ultrasound
- Medical condition of patient becomes less stable
- Need for oxygen, vaso pressor or excessive nursing care
It removes the worry over maintaining the recently unblocked cat, the post-op foreign body dog, or the pancreatitis patient that needs more than 8 hours of IV fluid therapy. What a relief to know that our patients will be monitored and cared for in such good fashion, and return to us with updated progress reports. We value this service greatly, with the peace of mind it has offered over the years. Thank you, Dove!”
~Mary Blankevoort, DVM - St. Johns Veterinary Clinic