Memorial Art Therapy - Session Full
Sponsored by Dignified Pet Services and DoveLewis
December 8, 2019 | 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Project: Cremated Remains Keepsake
You are welcome to bring your pet's cremated remains to incorporate into your memorial art project. We provide all of the materials for our workshops.
LOCATION + PARKING
DoveLewis Business Office
Albers Mill Building
1200 NW Naito Pkwy, Suite 300
Portland, OR 97209
The Albers Mill parking lot has a limited number of FREE, two-hour visitor parking spots available. You are welcome to park in any of these marked visitor spots for no charge.
If the free visitor spots are full, your other options are:
» Street parking on NW Naito ($2 per hour)
» Paid spot in the Albers Mill parking lot (Weekends: $3 all day)
About Memorial Art Therapy Workshops
Second Sunday of Every Month
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
This is a free community event. Donations are welcome and appreciated.
One of the best ways to navigate your grief when you lose a pet is memorializing them through art. Research shows that art and healing come from the same source. In fact, it is now known that when a person is creating art or is healing, this person will emit the same brain wave patterns. Art and healing is so powerful that hospitals are incorporating art into patient care.
Facts about the healing elements of art:
- Participation in artistic activities can have measurable physiological results such as, reducing stress, improving the immune system, and easing pain
- Creating art gives a voice and language to unknown emotions, feelings and behaviors Tapping into our creative energy can help a person to feel more alive, to gain inner wisdom, and to stay more completely in the present moment
- When creating art, it uses the emotional and intuitive aspects of a person
Our Pet Loss Support Director, art therapist and certified grief counselor, Enid Traisman, MSW, facilitates this series of memorial art workshops. Each month offers a new opportunity to create something unique and take it home with you! Pets welcome in spirit only. Thank you for understanding.
Projects rotate monthly. Below are examples of memorial art projects.
- Fused glass using cremated remains – Participants must be at least 10 years old to participate in this activity.
- Paperweight – All ages.
- Personalized memorial candle – All ages.
- Bookmark – All ages.
- Picture frame – All ages.
- Memory Box – All ages.
Please note: We want to ensure that the maximum number of people have the opportunity to enjoy these workshops. If you have attended several workshops in recent months, we ask that you wait to reserve space for an upcoming workshop until the Friday before to allow first-time attendees the opportunity to sign up. Thank you for understanding.
Questions? Call 503-228-7281.