A philanthropic campaign to create more space for better service
Because Every Animal Deserves the Best Care
For 45 years, DoveLewis has been the trusted place for emergency veterinary care for pet owners across Oregon and SW Washington. This expansion will take our care to the next level by allowing us to expand services and reduce wait times, all the while enhancing the compassionate care that you and our clients have come to know and expect.
Your gift will help transform the trajectory of DoveLewis to become an elite veterinary medical center that cares for every animal and every person who care for them. Always.
We are doubling down on our commitment to treat more animals than ever before with a $3.5 million renovation project that will add 8,500 square feet of clinical space to the hospital. This project is transforming the second floor of our Northwest Portland facility, moving our administrative offices off-site, and expanding our service capacity to accomplish three main objectives.
• Creating three new animal wards for pets and wildlife to ensure quieter, more comfortable hospital stays.
• Becoming more responsive to emergencies around the clock with an additional, state-of-the-art surgery suite.
• Reducing lobby wait time and stress for pets and their people with six new exam rooms.
• Two waiting areas for calmer, more welcoming experiences – one for emergent and critical patients downstairs and a second for scheduled specialty appointments upstairs.
• A thoughtful lobby design to emphasize privacy for sensitive medical and financial conversations.
• An additional “comfort room” to give more families access to a calming, warm environment when it’s time to say goodbye to their beloved family member.
• Increasing the availability of daily appointments and improving quality of care with expanded specialty treatment areas.
• Creating space and flexibility with an additional treatment suite for advanced care opportunities like oncology and ophthalmology.