Virtual PACTT Sessions
Spreading Comfort & Cheer Through Virtual Canine Therapy
Our therapy dogs and their handlers are missing their in-person visits as we continue to practice social distancing. We have been providing a few virtual options on Facebook Live and Zoom Read to the Dogs but we are now expanding our virtual services!
By using the link above, we can now connect our Portland Area Canine Therapy Team (PACTT) with healthcare facilities, schools, other institutions, individuals, and kids who could benefit from the power of the human-animal bond through virtual therapy dog sessions.
List of Canine Virtual Therapy Options:
- Read to the Dogs
- Employee Wellness Day
- Court Room Visit
- Secured Facilities Virtual Visit
- Senior Care Facilities
- Virtual Visit for Hospitals
- Finals Stress Relief
- Special Events
Did you know the therapeutic benefits of therapy dogs?
- decreases feelings of isolation
- encourages communication
- provides comfort and a sense of calm
- increases socialization and sense of community
- reduces boredom
- decreases anxiety
- reduces loneliness
- helps children focus better and improves literacy skills
- provides non-stressful, non-judgmental environment
- increases self-confidence and reduces self-consciousness