Run for the Love of Dove 5K
Sunday - June 9, 2013
NW 19th & Raleigh, Portland
Onsite registration: 7:30AM
Race starts: 9:00AM
- 5K Run/Walk: $30 (does not include race shirt)
- 5K Run/Walk: $35 (includes race shirt)
- Day of Race Registration: $45 (space permitting)
- Limited Edition DoveLewis Knee-High Socks: $10 Socks can be purchased during the event registration process or can be purchased separately here!
- Personal online fundraising page: FREE!
ABOUT THE EVENT
Lace up those running shoes and get prepared to pound the pavement in support of DoveLewis! The beloved Run for the Love of Dove returns this year as a timed 5K run/walk through the neighborhoods of NW Portland. Runners, both human and canine, at all experience levels are invited to join the fun. Post–race festivities include food, drink, entertainment and a silly pet tricks contest! Proceeds benefit the Stray Animal & Wildlife Fund.
Flat and fast 5K through the neighborhoods of NW Portland! Strollers, dogs, music…it’s all allowed! Dogs must be kept on a leash. There will be photographers on the race course. Click here for the 2013 course map.
Create a personal online fundraising page to raise funds to support DoveLewis. The money you raise will help animals right here in our community, and your fundraising efforts could earn you great prizes and recognition at the event! Start fundraising!
Runners/Walkers: It’s as easy as 1-2-3
1. Register for the event online!
2. Create a personal fundraising page to raise money to support DoveLewis’ mission!
3. Utilize social media tools to promote your fundraising page and solicit the help of your friends, neighbors and co-workers in your fundraising efforts. They can make donations directly to your page!
Can’t make it to the event but still want to support the cause? It’s as easy as 1-2
1. Don’t sit on the sidelines—create a personal fundraising page to raise money to support DoveLewis’ mission!
2. Utilize social media tools to promote your fundraising page and solicit the help of your friends, neighbors and co-workers in your fundraising efforts. They can make donations directly to your page!
Click here for the 5 week plan
(For the intermediate runner and for runners who have previously been running 1-2 times per week)
Click here for the 10 week plan
(For the beginning runner, who has little to no running experience and is starting from scratch)
Exercise Disclaimer: Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any exercise program. Any content or information provided by DoveLewis is for informational and educational purposes only, and any use thereof is solely at your own risk. The information contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition.
GENERAL SAFETY TIPS
- Always carry ID! Whether it’s your actual license or an identification tag, it’s important to have something on you in case you do get hurt and need assistance.
- Run facing traffic. And always run on the outside of turns if possible, not on the inside where cars are likely to whip around before seeing you.
- Keep your music low. Blasting Lady Gaga might make you run faster, but it’s also going to make you miss a car’s horn or warning call.
- Wear reflective clothing when there is low light (even at dusk or dawn).
- When you can, run with a friend.
- It’s always a good idea to carry a cell phone while running, in case of emergency (or if you need to order a pizza while on a run).
Interested in volunteering at this event? Please fill out this online interest form.